Supplemental General Instructions
For the 2019 Raindrop Rally, these Supplemental General Instructions will serve to modify, amend, or clarify the Rainier Auto Sports General Instructions for Touring Rallies and where a conflict may exist, they take precedence over the General Instructions. "Supps" can, and will, be amended at any time up to the start of the rally. Any questions regarding the general instructions of Supplemental General Instructions should be directed the Rallymaster.
Classes are exactly as stated in the RASC General Instructions, Section D with the following amendment:
- Preprinted timetables and/or calculating tables will only be allowed in the Unlimited
and Equipped classes.
- GPS mapping (including showing current speed) is allowed in all classes. Other GPS/Rally App functionality must meet the existing class definitions.
- There will be no technical inspection prior to
the event. All entrants are responsible for ensuring that the vehicle they are driving is
licensed, insured and otherwise meets all Washington state laws and regulations.
- "Comes quickly" arrows: In the route instructions, arrows will be used vertically between instructions that are less than 20 seconds apart. This is for your convenience.
- Signs in quotes within the route instructions indicate the mileage was taken at the sign.
- Time Allowance Requests: A competitor may submit Time Allowance Requests to account for any and all delays encountered. A Time Allowance Request must be one of the following ten intervals (min:sec): 0:30, 1:30, 2:30, 3:30, 4:30, 5:30, 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, or 9:30. No other times will be granted except at the discretion of the rallymaster.
- Tied Scores: In the event of tied scores for trophy positions, the following approaches will be used in the listed order to break ties: Total number of zeros (greatest number of zeros wins), the sum of squared checkpoint scores (smallest sum wins), and then least number of Time Allowances used. If the previous three approaches still do not resolve a tied score, then the earliest entry, as recorded on the RASC web site, will prevail.
- All speed changes associated with "SPEED LIMIT" will be done at the official Speed Limit sign and NOT at the Speed Limit Ahead (or Reduce Speed Ahead) sign, unless specifically noted in a route instruction.
Correct sign for CAST
Incorrect sign for CAST
- Course Measurement: Measurement was performed in an all-wheel drive vehicle, using the left front wheel and a Timewise 797A.
- Calculations: All measurements were taken in thousandths of a mile and then rounded to hundredths. All routebook mileages and checkpoint timing calculations are based on these hundredths. Time calculations are carried through each section with at least four decimal places but truncated to whole seconds for checkpoints and key times.
- CZT: Car Zero Time, the time car zero left the instruction. As with other time calculations, this is truncated to a whole second.
- Legal speeds are indicated in gray text in TRN sections and are there for your reference. They are not to imply that there are timed sections or controls within a Transit.